|Textbook||Kips Cyber Beans|
|Chapter||1 EVOLUTION OF COMPUTERS|
|Other Chapters||Chapter 2|
- A. Fill in the Blanks:
- B. State True or False:
- C. Match the following:
- D. Application Based Questions:
- Raman is working in the National Weather Forecasting agency. Which type of a computer is he using to forecast the weather conditions?
- Which type of computers does Indian Railways use for the booking and cancellation of tickets?
- E. Multiple Choice Questions:
- F. Answer the following:
- Name the first mechanical computer.
- Who is considered as the father of computing?
- Which was the first electronic digital computer and who invented it?
- Write any three features of fourth generation computers.
- Name the types of Micro computers. Explain any two.
- Write a short note on Abacus.
A. Fill in the Blanks:
1. The first mechanical calculating device was Abacus.
2. Blaise Pascal invented the first mechanical calculator, Pascaline.
3. Summit is the world’s fastest Super computer.
4. The first general purpose electronic computer was ENIAC.
5. Analytical engine was invented in 1833.
B. State True or False:
1. UNIVAC I was the first computer to handle both numeric and text data. – TRUE
2. Charles Babbage invented the Difference engine in 1822. – TRUE
3. The first generation computers used transistors technology. – FALSE
4. Mark I was invented by J. Presper Eckert. – FALSE
5. George Boole designed the Boolean logic. – TRUE
C. Match the following:
|Lady Augusta Lovelace||The first programmer|
|Second Generation Computers||Transistors|
|Herman Hollerith||Tabulating Machine|
|Third Generation Computers||Integrated circuits|
D. Application Based Questions:
Raman is working in the National Weather Forecasting agency. Which type of a computer is he using to forecast the weather conditions?
Which type of computers does Indian Railways use for the booking and cancellation of tickets?
E. Multiple Choice Questions:
1. The era of first generation computers was 1940-1956.
2. CRAY1 is an example of a supercomputer.
- IBM PC
3. Micro computers are used in homes, schools, shops, offices, banks etc.
- Micro computers
- Mini computers
- Super computers
4. Transistors technology was used in the second generation of computers.
- Vacuum tubes
- Integrated circuits
5. Machine language was used in the first generation of computers.
F. Answer the following:
Name the first mechanical computer.
Who is considered as the father of computing?
Which was the first electronic digital computer and who invented it?
ENIAC – It was invented by John Mauchly and J. Presper Eckert in 1946.
Write any three features of fourth generation computers.
1. It is used as since 1972 till now.
2. Use VLSI Micro Processor.
3. Use keyboard, mouse for input and monitor, printers for output devices.
Name the types of Micro computers. Explain any two.
Desktop, Laptop and Tablet computers.
1. Desktop Computers are designed to fit comfortably on top of desktop.
2. Laptop computers are small in size and can be placed on the lap.
Write a short note on Abacus.
Abacus was the first mechanical device for calculations. It was developed in China. It was made up of a wooden frame consisting of rods, each having beads in them.