|Kips Information Technology Class 10
|Unit-1 Communication Skills
|3 Communication Barriers
|Other Chapters Solutions
|Kips IT Class 10 Solutions
A. Select the correct option.
1. The linguistic issues are also known as Semantic issues.
2. Being in a Balanced frame of mind while communicating, helps in building trust.
3. The External barriers occur due to some inherent traits or the frame of mind of the communicator.
4. The External barriers occur due to factors which are outside our body and mind.
5. Weak Telephone Signal is an example of an External barrier.
- Weak Telephone Signal
B. Fill in the Blanks.
1. A communication barrier is an Obstacle that prevents the receiver from understanding the message.
2. One must avoid using Complicated terminology during communication.
3. Active Listening means fully concentrating on what is being said rather than just hearing hearing the message.
4. Non-verbal gestures are less effective than Face-to-Face communication.
5. One important way to overcome all the different types of communication barriers is seeking Feedback from the receiver.
C. Answer the Following Questions.
Mention any two factors responsible for causing Internal barriers during communication.
Poor Listening Skills: Poor listeners do not attend carefully to all the information being given by the speaker, i.e., both verbal and non-verbal signals, including intonation and body language.
Fatigue, Disinterest, or Excitement: Sometimes, the receiver may be too excited, tired, or the topic of conversation may not be interesting for the receiver. This may result in a lack of attention to what the sender is stating.
Why is it important to overcome communication barriers?
Barriers become a root cause for many problems as they can hamper productive and effective communication. This might lead to poor relationships, loss of trust, misunderstanding, waste of time and energy, and other such undesirable outcomes. It is essential to overcome these barriers to ensure smooth and effective communication.
What care should be taken while giving feedback?
A skilled Communicator must be aware of the communication barriers and try to reduce their impact by continually checking the perception of the message sent, and by encouraging the receivers to give appropriate feedback to ensure that the message was delivered as intended.
Most of the personal, professional, and social problems can be overcome by maintaining a clear, appropriate, and unambiguous communication.