|Kips Information Technology Class 9
|Unit-1 Introduction to IT-ITeS Industry
|1 Applications of IT – ITeS Industry
|Other Chapters Solutions
|Kips IT Class 9 Solutions
- Answer the Following Questions:
- How does IT help a business organisation?
- What is BPO? Mention any five BPO services.
- What steps have been taken by the Government of India to improve the efficiency of government services being delivered?
- List any four social media services that help you to keep in touch with your family and friends.
Answer the Following Questions:
How does IT help a business organisation?
IT facilitates E-commerce which includes marketing, product browsing, shopping, and processing orders. Business communications through e-mail, video conferencing, and mobiles enable people to work from anywhere. Documents can be shared instantly, and decisions can also be taken quickly.
What is BPO? Mention any five BPO services.
Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) is a practice of outsourcing a part of a business to another organisation that is an expert in handling such kind of processes. The two organisations can be in entirely different parts of the world. In India, BPO industry is highly organised and hence various kinds of jobs are outsourced here. BPO is often divided into two main types of services-back office and front office. Back office services include processes, such as billing or purchasing. Front office services pertain to the support provided to its customers, such as marketing and technical support. Other BPO services are as follows:
• Transaction and Payment Processing services
• Document Management services
• Order Management services
• Accounts Management services
• Technical Support services
What steps have been taken by the Government of India to improve the efficiency of government services being delivered?
Government and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) as well as International Government to improve applications to communicate and provide various services to the people. This is called as E-Governance.
IT also provides platform for interaction through government websites and apps. It helps the government to improve the efficiency of services delivery and the exchange of information, thus strengthening the democracy. Example – BHIM, UMANG and MyGov.
Four social media services that help to keep in touch with your family and friends are:
• Facebook (www.Facebook.com)
• Twitter (www.Twitter.com)
• Instagram (www.instagram.com)
• WhatsApp (www.WhatsApp.com)