|Kips Information Technology Class 9
|Unit-3 Information and Communication Technology Skills
|14 Introduction to Social Media
|Other Chapters Solutions
|Kips IT Class 9 Solutions
A. Fill in the Blanks:
1. Facebook is a popular social networking website which is used to connect with people online.
2. One can find all kinds of user generated videos on YouTube.
3. WhatsApp is a free to download messenger app for smartphones.
4. Social networking sites are also called as Social Media.
5. Social networking sites are highly popular due to their simple Interface.
B. State True or False:
1. YouTube is a paid video sharing website. – FALSE
2. Facebook is a social networking website used to connect with people online. – TRUE
3. Parental Control and Safety Mode features are available on YouTube. – TRUE
4. WhatsApp doesn’t offer voice or video calling facility. – FALSE
5. YouTube facilitates you to download videos so that you can watch them later offline. – TRUE
C. Answer the Following Questions:
Some of the popular Social Networking websites are Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat.
Demerits of Social Media are:
• Cyber Bullying
• Less Real Life Interaction
• Misleading Information
• Misuse of Information
• Fake Profiles
• Peer Pressure
• Wastage of Time
What do you understand by a Blog?
A blog is an easy-to-create website that allows users to share their thoughts with the world. The topic of the blog can be anything from personal to professional.
There are various types of blogs available on the web. We can Categorize them into a Personal blog, Company blog, Non-profit blog, Politics blog, News and Views blog, and Micro-blog.
State some of the features of YouTube.
Some features of YouTube are:
• Select videos from a grid of recommended and trending videos You can watch, like, share, and comment on the videos.
• Manage subscriptions, replay from history, manage playlists, or choose videos from various categories.
• Download and upload videos from your computer or mobile phone.
• Choose the privacy settings of your channel.
• Edit your videos to give them a professional look using various editing tools like Combine and Trim (cut or Snip).
• Employ Parental Control and Safety Mode features to restrict the types of videos your children can watch.
• You can Share Your Content with Billions of viewers on YouTube.
• You can Earn Money from the video content posted by you on your YouTube Channel.
• You can become a Celebrity on YouTube and gain True and Loyal Fans who Support and Loves You.
What is Facebook? Mention some of its features.
Facebook is a popular social networking website which is used to connect with people online. It also provides free registration and a user-friendly platform. Initially, it was only PC based, but now it is also available as a pre-installed app on most of the mobile phones and tablets.
Following is some of its features:
Friends List: It allows registered users to create their profiles and create a list of their contacts, called ‘Friend’ in the Facebook language.
Walls: It is essentially a virtual bulletin board where members can post messages, pictures, or videos and share links to their Facebook friends.
Virtual Photo Album: This feature allows members to upload an unlimited number of photos. The members, ‘friends’ may comment and identify or ‘tag’ people in the photos.
Status Update: It is a microblogging tool that helps the users to broadcast short announcements about themselves.
Facebook Pages: This feature was initially designed for business use. It allows businesses to publish content on a
public page and receive comments.
News Feed: This feature constantly updates list of stories in the middle of your home page. News feed includes status updates, photos, videos, links, app activity and likes from people, pages, and groups that you follow on Facebook.
Privacy Controls: Facebook provides a customisable set of privacy controls, so users can protect their information from getting exposed to third-party individuals.