|Kips Information Technology Class 9
|Unit-3 Information and Communication Technology Skills
|7 Introduction to ICT
|Other Chapters Solutions
|Kips IT Class 9 Solutions
A. Multiple Choice Questions:
1. Which of these activities are related to e-commerce?
- Online shopping
- Watching movies
- Inventory management
2. Which of these is not an ICT tool?
- Mobile phone
3. ICT has improved the process of teaching and learning by providing
- Interactive whiteboards for training
- Online training to students
- Classroom training through videos
- All of these
4. An e-reader is capable of holding thousands of:
B. Fill in the Blanks:
1. ICT helps to improve the quality of our lives, by giving us easy Access to information and services.
2. ICT tools include Traditional as well as modern technologies.
3. Tablets are touch screen enabled small computers that are easy to handle and mostly used for accessing educational apps.
4. Radio and TV uses One-to-many broadcast technology.
C. Answer the Following Questions:
Mention any three ICT tools that are used in day-to-day life.
Three ICT tools that are used in day-to-day life are Mobile phone, TV (Television), and Newspaper.
How is ICT used in the field of healthcare?
ICT is used in the pharmaceutical sector for cutting edge research and manufacturing. It helps in hospital management, administration and it also helps the doctors and nurses to diagnose, treat, and monitor patients. One can search for and learn about various diseases, their symptoms, cures, and precautionary measures on the Internet.
What is the role of ICT in various workplaces?
ICT refers to all the devices, networking components, applications, and systems that allow people and organisations to interact in the digital world. Simply They allow work to be done faster in new ways in real time more effectively and efficiently. Companies can save money on hiring people for physical mail as E-mail (Electronic mail) can do work better.
The World Wide Web has made it possible to search for information on varied issues such as education, health and nutrition, current affairs, social aspects, finance, and many other important issues, which help us to improve and enrich our lives. ICT is very helpful at:
• workplaces that use robots and artificial intelligence in the manufacturing of products
• at Mining industry for prospecting
• Power plants, for power generation and distribution
• Telecommunication industry, for building and maintaining networks
• Bussinesses like E-commerce, Digital Government Services, E-Learning, Medical Tech, etc.