|Kips Information Technology Class 10
|Unit-3 Database Management System
|12 Performing Operations on Tables
|Other Chapters Solutions
|Kips IT Class 10 Solutions
A. Select the correct option.
1. Which of these is used to create a table in LibreOffice Base?
- Table Wizard
- Table Design View
- Both a and b
2. Which of the following commands enables you to edit the data in the Table Data View?
- Edit > Edit Data
- File > Data
- File > Edit Data
3. It enables you to delete the selected records from a table in the Table Data View.
- Edit > Delete Record
- File > Delete Record
- Table Delete Record
4. It allows you to sort the records on the basis of multiple fields.
- Sort in Ascending Order button
- Sort in Descending Order button
- Sort Dialog box
5. Which of the following is true about the Referential Integrity?
- All references must be valid
- Ensures the accuracy and consistency
- Both a and b
B. Fill in the Blanks.
1. Referential Integrity rule states that a foreign key must have a matching Primary key.
2. Relationships are the links that associate a field in one table with a field in the other.
3. In One-to-One relationship, a record in a table can have only one matching record in another table, and vice versa.
4. You cannot implement the Many-to-Many are the special characters that are used as substitutes for one or more characters in a string.
5. A Field property defines the characteristics of the field.
C. Answer the following questions.
What is the use of tables in database?
Tables are the easiest way to store, organise, and present a large amount of information. They are the building blocks of a database. Tables play an important role in storing data. All the data is stored in the database in tabular form. A well-designed table helps the users to retrieve the data from a database easily.
How can you sort records of a table in descending order?
• Open a table and select the field according to which you want to sort the data.
• Click on the Sort in Ascending Order or Sort in Descending Order button on the Table Data toolbar.
Describe Referential Integrity.
Referential Integrity (RI) is a rule in RDBMS. It states that a foreign key must have a matching primary key, ie, all its references must be valid and the users cannot accidentally delete or amend the data. It ensures the accuracy and consistency of the data within a relationship, and prevents the users to enter the inconsistent data.
List the different types of relationships.
There are three types of relationships:
Give an example of many-to-many relationship.
Example that represents many-to many relationship is the relationship of students and subjects, where a student can opt several subjects, whereas a subject can be studied by several students at a time.