|Kips Information Technology Class 10
|Unit-3 Database Management System
|13 Retrieving Data Using Queries
|Other Chapters Solutions
|Kips IT Class 10 Solutions
A. Select the correct option.
1. Which of the following dialog box allows you to add tables or queries in the Query Design Pane?
- Add Table or Query
- Query dialog box
- None of these
2. Which of the following row allows you to enter the condition for a query?
3. Which of the following option is used with wildcards?
- None of these
4. Which wildcard character is used to retrieve zero or more characters from a field?
- [ ]
Correct Answer: *
5. What does SQL stand for?
- Structured Query Language
- Standard Query Language
- Structured Question Language
B. Fill in the Blanks.
1. The Query Wizard guides you to create a query from a selected table.
2. In the Query Design View, the Alias property allows the user to specify an alternative name for any field.
3. The Where clause allows you to fetch only those records that match with the specified condition.
4. Wildcards are the special characters that are used as substitutes for one or more characters in a string.
5. A user can create and manipulate database anytime by using the SQL commands.
C. Answer the following questions.
What is a Query?
a query is a database object that enables you to retrieve records from one or more tables of the database or different databases that meet a specific condition or criteria.
List the different Queries Views of LibreOffice Base.
• The Query Wizard
• The Design View
• The SQL View
What is the difference between Query Wizard and Query Design View?
The Query Wizard guides you to create a query based on selected table. It is the easiest method for beginners.
The Query Design View gives you more control over a query. It allows you to create a query from the scratch. The Query Design window is divided into two sections – Objects Relationship Pane and Design Grid.
What is SQL?
SQL is a language that allows you to make queries to define the data structure and manipulate the data in the database. Data manipulation is the process of editing or modifying the data to keep it updated.
Distinguish between the DDL and DML commands.
Data Definition Language (DDL) commands
These commands are used to define and modify the structure of a database. The commands that fall under this category are as listed below:
|Creates a new database or table
|Modifies the structure of a database or table
|Deletes an existing database or table
|Removes all the records including allocated table spaces
|Renames an existing database or table
Data Manipulation Language (DML) commands
These commands allow the users to manipulate data in the database. They help in retrieval, insertion, deletion, and modification of the information present in the database.
Following are some of the commonly used DML commands:
|Retrieves data from the table
|Inserts data into a table
|Updates the existing data with the new data within a table
|Deletes the records from the table