|Kips Information Technology Class 10
|Unit-4 Web Applications and Security
|21 Online Transactions
|Other Chapters Solutions
|Kips IT Class 10 Solutions
- A. Fill in the Blanks.
- B. Write T for True and F for False.
- C. Answer the following questions.
- What is e-shopping? What are its benefits?
- What do you understand by the term e-reservation?
- Explain briefly about the benefits and application areas of e-reservation.
- Why should you keep a secure password while doing transactions online? List some security measures to be taken.
A. Fill in the Blanks.
1. The process of selling and buying products over the internet is called E-commerce.
2. The Online shopping/E-shopping term is used for online commercial activities.
3. The Indian Railways has an official website www.irctc.co.in, which is used for the e-reservation process.
4. Exchanging data/information online is called the Electronic Data Interchange.
B. Write T for True and F for False.
1. Amazon was founded on 5 July 1994. – TRUE
2. Flipkart is a popular website for online shopping. – TRUE
3. Bonanza.com is a popular website for booking railway tickets online. – FALSE
4. You should use secure and safe passwords while logging in for doing online transactions. – TRUE
C. Answer the following questions.
What is e-shopping? What are its benefits?
The process of selling and buying products over the internet is called Online shopping or E-shopping. Internet offers you to shop almost everything from anywhere. let us look at benefits of E-shopping.
Convenience: E-shopping offers the convenience of shopping from home, so that a customer does not have to go to the store physically and stand in line to shop or pay for the product. A customer just logs onto the internet and selects the product as per his/her convenience and time. This activity can be carried out from anywhere in the world.
Information and Reviews: An online store provides reviews on the products, which helps the other customers to get additional information, like quality of the product, instructions on products usage, manufacturer specification, safety procedures, etc.
Price and Selection: Since the product reaches the customer directly from the manufacturers or sellers, the shopping sites are able to give a competitive price and better deals to its customers. They also offer discount coupons and rebates. A customer also gets a wide choice of products available all over the world.
No Compulsive Shopping: The users buys the products at their will and as per their choice anytime and anywhere. There are no salesmen around, doing hard selling and influencing the customer to buy more and more.
What do you understand by the term e-reservation?
E-reservation means making a reservation or appointment for a service via the internet. Using e-reservation, you can check the availability of seats in bus, train, or aircraft anytime, and also reserve rooms, meeting halls, or tables in restaurants.
Explain briefly about the benefits and application areas of e-reservation.
Benefits of E-reservation
Accessible Anywhere: Buying an e-ticket or making an online booking is the most convenient method for booking a hotel, flight or car-on-rent. One can buy an e-ticket anywhere in the world where an internet connection is available.
Discounts and Offers: You can check multiple websites to select the best price while making an online reservation. Many hotel and airline websites provide lucrative offers to their online customers by offering discounts and attractive schemes to attract more clients.
Commission Free: Booking online saves hidden commission fees as there is no third-party involved.
Quick System: Booking through e-reservation system is very fast. The users can simply search, select, and book the tickets either by paying through credit cards or net banking and get an instant confirmation for services.
Changes and Cancellations: Changes and cancellations of e-tickets can be done immediately and the money is refundedalmost instantly by just logging onto the internet.
Customer Reviews: Customer reviews during e-reservations help in deciding the type of service that will be provided by the service provider. They help the user in making decisions and availing the best services.
Safe and Reliable: E-reservation software provides a secure online transaction system by taking security measures to protect your confidential credit and debit card information.
Common Application areas of E-reservation
• Hotel reservation
• Movie ticket reservation
• Sports/Matches reservation
• Travel ticket reservation
• Event reservation
Why should you keep a secure password while doing transactions online? List some security measures to be taken.
You register at various sites for online transactions during which you have to enter a username and password. If you lose the password to your e-mail, bank, or credit card accounts, you could be facing severe monetary losses. You should, therefore, take special care to protect your passwords.
The following points list some of the measures that you can take to protect your password:
• Use strong passwords that have a combination of lower and upper case letters, numbers, and also special characters. Keep the length of the password to at least 12-14 characters.
• Do not use easy-to-guess passwords. Avoid using passwords, such as your name or surname, username, names of your family members like mother, father, children, pets or even friends, birthdates, dictionary words, or part of your address.
• If you decide to use a simple password, add a number or special character to the password either at the beginning or at the end or even in both the places!
• Never write your password anywhere so that nobody can misuse it.
• Always create a unique password for each account. Avoid using the same password for multiple sites to prevent data loss.
• Do not store your passwords in your browser unless you are the only one using that computer as it can be accessed by anyone.
• Use a password manager software. There are several programs available that store all passwords and keep them in one place. Some programs like KeePass and LastPass are free to use while others like Dash lane and RoboForm are paid services, which offer more features.