|Kips Information Technology Class 10
|Unit-1 Digital Documentation (Advanced)
|1 Applying Styles in a Document
|Other Chapters Solutions
|Kips IT Class 10 Solutions
- A. Select the correct option.
- B. Write T for True and F for False.
- C. Answer the following questions.
- What are Styles?
- What is the difference between Paragraph Styles and Character Styles?
- How can you apply a style to the selected text?
- What is Fill Format Mode?
- List the two ways to create a new style in Writer.
A. Select the correct option.
1. It is a predefined combination of various formatting features.
2. The Styles icon is available on the Sidebar.
- Status bar
- Styles pane
3. These are used to control all aspects of a paragraph’s appearance.
- Character Styles
- Paragraph Styles
- Frame Styles
4. The keyboard shortcut to create a new style is Shift + F11.
- Shift + F11
- Ctrl + 11
5. Which operation do you perform in current document to copy a style from a template or another document?
- Update Style
- Load Style
- Modify Style
B. Write T for True and F for False.
1. The Styles pane opens on the left of the window, by default. – FALSE
2. The Styles pane is a floating or dockable pane. – TRUE
3. Page Styles include page size, margins, headers and footers, borders, and backgrounds. – TRUE
4. You cannot modify the predefined styles in Writer. – TRUE
5. Frame Styles are used to format graphics and text frames. – TRUE
C. Answer the following questions.
What are Styles?
A style is a predefined combination of various formatting features, like font style, colour, and size that is applied to the selected text in a document to quickly change its appearance.
When you apply a style, you actually apply a group of formatting effects together in one simple step that makes the text effective and readable.
What is the difference between Paragraph Styles and Character Styles?
Paragraph Styles are used to control all aspects of a paragraph’s appearance, such as text alignment, tab stops, line spacings, and so on.
Character Styles are used for a block of text inside a paragraph,
for example, they enable you to set the font and size of text, or bold and italic formats.
How can you apply a style to the selected text?
To apply a predefined style using the Styles pane, follow these steps:
• Open a document in Writer and type the content.
• Click on the Styles icon on the Sidebar. Or Click on the Styles menu and select the Manage Styles option.
• The Styles pane opens on the right side of the window. Click on the Paragraph Styles icon if it is not selected, by default.
• Select the text on which the style is to be applied. For example, select the Title of the content.
• Now, scroll through the list of styles and double-click on the Title.
• The selected style will be applied immediately. Similarly, you can apply the other styles to the selected text.
What is Fill Format Mode?
The Fill Format Mode allows you to apply a style to many different areas quickly, such as you can format many scattered paragraphs, words, or other items with the same style. In other words, the Fill Format Mode copies a style and applies the same to the other items.
List the two ways to create a new style in Writer.
The two ways to create a new style in Writer are Creating a new style 1) from selection and 2) Using Drag and Drop.