|Kips Information Technology Class 10
|Unit-2 Self-Management Skills
|6 Stress Management and its Techniques
|Other Chapters Solutions
|Kips IT Class 10 Solutions
A. Select the correct option.
1. Eustress refers to explaining things in a brief yet comprehensive manner.
2. Stress Management covers all the tools that alleviate Chronic stress, which could otherwise prove to be a lethal disease.
3. Stress is an Automatic response of the nervous system to any threat, challenge or problem.
4. Exercise helps in Building immunity and Proper functioning of organ systems.
- Building immunity
- Proper functioning of organ systems
- Both a and b
5. Meditation brings a sense of Self-awareness.
B. Fill in the Blanks.
1. Stress can be viewed as a Disease that is afflicting people of all age groups.
2. Stress causing agents are known as Stressors which can be self-induced or external.
3. Stress management includes a pool of techniques that assist individuals to eradicate anxiety and negative thoughts.
4. In Fight or Flight response, the body reacts spontaneously to protect itself from any unfavorable situation.
5. Yoga reduces the level of Cortisol which is the stress hormone.
C. Answer the Following Questions.
What is stress?
Life is a chain of events marked by pain, anxiety, unmet expectations, failures, fear, and anticipation of loss. The endless greed for materialistic pleasures, achieving our goals, pressure from the society, or bitter past experiences create a chaotic atmosphere in our lives. All this leads to a state of emotional disturbance widely known as ‘Stress’.
Stress can be viewed as a disease that afflicts people of all age groups-adolescents, youth, and the elderly. It often leads to addiction, loneliness, and antisocial mannerisms, that give rise to various ailments such as headache, nausea, degeneration of cognitive abilities, and heart-related problems.
What are the various factors that cause stress?
Some factors that cause stress are:
• Dangerous situations
• Irrational demands
• Societal or peer pressure
• Unrealistic goals
• Bad experiences
• Financial loss
Explain the importance of Stress Management.
At a time when cut-throat competition has become an unavoidable part of everyone’s life, one has to continue learning and practicing stress management techniques to survive and thrive.
• Stress management allows a person to react positively in stressful situations.
• It provides ways to measure the different levels of stress so that the inflicted person can resort to self-help or seek help from a professional.
• It helps to identify distinct stressors, which can either be good or bad. They can be self-induced or be triggered due to external situations. They can be categorised as:
▪︎ Positive Stressor
▪︎ Dangerous Stressor (leads to stressful situations)
▪︎ Irrelevant stressor
• After successfully recognising the stressors, stress management provides practical measures to target those stressors.
• It infuses a sense of control and accomplishment. It equips you with the ability to handle any situation efficiently.
What are the different types of stressors?
different types of stressors are self-induced or external.